|Who We Serve|
|Why Summer Matters|
|Teaching & Learning|
In the fall of 2006, Aim High launched a new initiative, the Student Center, which has focused on providing a wide range of support services for Aim High students and graduates during their years in high school. Many Aim High students reported that they felt lost when they entered high school, as many attend very large public high schools with hundreds and sometimes thousands of students and little individualized attention and support. When Aim High conducted a needs assessment/survey with its graduates in high school, students and their parents overwhelmingly responded that they wanted Aim High to provide college counseling support and financial aid workshops.
As part of the Student Center initiative, Aim High has coordinating a wide range of services for students, including:
- After-school tutoring for current students
- Workshop series to support current students applying to charter and independent high schools
- Spring Break activities for current students
- Workshops and college counseling resources for graduates
- A leadership council of Aim High graduates
- Social activities for current students, graduates, and staff alumni
- Referrals and information about education resources through partner programs
For more information about Student Center activities and programs, visit the Student Center page or contact Terrence Riley, Program and Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com or (415) 551-2320.