We spend every day working to provide a better future for students in Northern California. You can advance our mission. Please join us in way that is meaningful to you. Opportunities include:
We invite you and your colleagues to actively support, inspire, and engage with our students and teachers inside and outside of the classroom. Volunteering with Aim High gives your company an opportunity to:
- Align your brand with one of the most respected nonprofits working in the Bay Area today.
- Positively impact the students and teachers who benefit from our summer program.
- Narrow the achievement and opportunity gaps that persist in Northern California.
- Connect with your co-workers through valuable service-oriented activities.
Get involved in the following ways:
Host a Career Day for students
- Welcome 15-30 students into your workplace.
- Time commitment: 2-3 hours of preparation, plus 2-3 hours of volunteering with students
- Your impact: Career Days expose Aim High students to a vast range of professions. Because volunteers also talk about their educational and career trajectories, students begin to understand how the choices they make now will have a meaningful impact on their future.
Host a Corporate Networking Day for alumni
- Engage with 10-20 of our alumni in your office.
- Time commitment: 1-2 hours
- Your impact: Corporate Networking Days provide high school and college students with a glimpse into some of today’s most exciting professional fields. You will help Aim High alumni learn how to network and interview successfully.
Aim High will provide the following to support your employees:
- Staff to develop and customize the best volunteer experience
- Organizational overview and orientation for all participating Career Day volunteers
- Specific employee training on a case-by-case basis
- On-site support, guidance and oversight
Career Day Partners
So that your company can plan accordingly for a Career or Networking Day, please review our timeline:
- February 14 – March 14 – Companies sign up by filling out the Aim High Career Day Interest Form; Aim High screens potential participants for Career and Networking Days.
- March 14 – Aim High notifies confirmed participants and provides information regarding next steps.
- April 16 – Aim High sends selected participants Career Day curriculum and materials.
- May 1 – Aim High teachers view Career Day options, and sign up.
- May 21 – Aim High campuses are matched with Career Day Partners.
- May 23 – Aim High provides Partners with more information about their matched Aim High campus, including next steps for preparing their Career Day.
- June 4 – Aim High hosts a GoToWebinar Career Day Training for all Partners to prepare and coordinate their Career Day
- July 2 – July 26 – Career Days take place!
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com or 415.551.2333.
Are you an Aim High graduate looking to volunteer at one of our summer campuses? Visit Teach With Us to apply.
Event Support/Table Captains
Be a Table Captain at one of our events, and leverage your network to create change for Aim High students and educators!
Table Captains are pivotal to ensuring Aim High events are well-attended and impactful. By bringing friends, family members, colleagues and business associates to support you, you will support Aim High’s efforts to narrow the achievement and opportunity gaps in the Bay Area. Any individual, partners/couple, company or affinity group can serve as a Table Captain.
The first time I co-chaired a fundraising event was the Aim High Annual Gala. I was honored to be asked, and working with a team made it easy. It was rewarding to have the opportunity to become a stronger advocate for such a meaningful program. Erin Bailey Dev | 2017 Gala Co-chair
As a Table Captain, you will have the opportunity to:
- Inspire your network to direct their philanthropic resources to an award-winning nonprofit that impacts more than 2,300 low-income middle school students annually.
- Promote a great cause by introducing up to 10 of your family members, friends, or colleagues to Aim High’s transformative work and community, which you are passionate about supporting.
As a Table Captain, Aim High will support you with:
- An outreach toolkit that makes inviting your friends and colleagues a breeze
- A formal timeline with milestones to hit along the way
- Weekly email updates that detail your progress to date, and provide you with helpful tips to fill your table
Our next event is Aim High’s Annual Gala on November 15, 2018. Contact Mariah Napoles at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about volunteering.
Joining an Aim High Board is a fantastic way to engage closely with our organization as well as other like-minded leaders in the community. Explore our three opportunities: