Press About Aim High
We think our mission is important and newsworthy. News outlets (and the White House!) agree. Read some of our media coverage over the years that capture the depth and breadth of our impact.
- Summer Program That Encourages Students to Teach Gets High Marks – Education Week
- Aim High teaching methods praised in NSLA/Packard Foundation report
- Aim High graduates give back to North Tahoe-Truckee this summer
- Nonprofit Profile – San Francisco Business Times
- Summer Students Learn to Aim High – San Francisco Chronicle
- White House selects Aim High co-founder as Champion for Change
- Aim High’s summer program highlighted by The Mercury News, the Napa Valley Register, and Education Week
Awards and Recognition
2013 Excellence in Collaboration Award
This award recognizes an organization that has demonstrated successful and positive results in forming, cultivating and implementing a collaboration that serves to increase the educational opportunities for underrepresented students. To read more about our award, visit the National Partnership for Educational Access website.
2012 Community Leadership Award
Aim High was recognized by the San Francisco Foundation “for closing the achievement gap through programs that inspire a love of learning and a strong sense of community.”
2008 Excellence in Summer Learning Award
The National Summer Learning Association selected Aim High as one of three 2008 recipients of the Excellence in Summer Learning Award. The award recognizes summer programs exhibiting excellence in accelerating academic achievement and promoting positive development for young people.
2006 Bank of America Neighborhood Builder Award
Bank of America awarded Aim High the highly competitive Neighborhood Builders Award. Aim High was awarded a $200,000 grant for general operating support over two years in addition to a year-long professional development program for senior leaders.